Winter Storm Mara update for Friday March 3
• 80% of limb / brush piles in Ward 1 collected
• 3200 cubic yards of limbs / brush collected to date
• Public Works processing with rented chipper. New City owned chipper expected after March 7
• March 2 Public Works started on Ward 3, planning to continue residential limb collection in Ward 3 week of March 6
Development Services did not receive any new requests related to Storm Mara recovery
• Public works Crews continue to work on debris removal from winter storm Mara. Ward 1 is nearly cleared, with the west side of Main Street and Monterey areas to be started Early next week.
• Please give crews the space they need to work and slowdown in work areas.
• Only vegetative storm debris can be collected, cut branches as described previously. This collection type cannot accept paper or plastic bags, building wood waste, tires or any other bulk waste items.
• City providing free limb and tree removal curbside, waiving building or trades permit fees, providing delayed final electrical inspection for storm related damage, and waiving false alarm fees for valid permit holders from January 31 to February 5.
• Information about Winter Storm Mara City programs and community resources are available in English and Spanish at the Elgin Recreation Center 361 Hwy 95 North, Elgin Public Library 404 N Main Street and Advocacy Outreach, 202 Depot Street and online https://www.elgintexas.gov/1065/NewsEmergency-Updates
Information is posted in the windows at the library and is visible from the parking lot.
• Elgin Public Library provides free Wi-Fi and computer stations Tuesday and Thursday 9am to 7pm, Wednesday and Friday 9am to 6pm and Saturday 9am to 2pm at 404 N Main Street.
• Other Disposal Options for Limbs: If you live outside of Elgin city limits or want collection options other than the free curbside pickup that City of Elgin is providing – these are some options: Fenske Sand and Gravel, Hornsby Bend BioSolids Management Sie, Austin Wood Recycling, Texas Trash.com.
The Elgin Chamber of Commerce is a resource for additional options. None of these are provided as recommendations.
News/Emergency Updates | Elgin, TX (elgintexas.gov)